Alt 27-05-2001, 21:22
Naos Naos ist offline
Starcraft Mod

Naos hat noch keine Bewertung oder ist auf 0
OL Nick: Naos.911
Style: vBulletin Default
Post Kick2Desktop /Int. Error Fortsetzung

Vieleicht hilfts ja jemandem:

Guys i believe i Solved MY Desktop Crash Problem!!!! This is a somewhat long explaination so have patience. I was getting this crash almost every game, kicking out to desktop(program manager) without windows tell me any errors. Well i did a series of changes cause i was very fustrated like the rest of you on this board. My system AMD thunderbird 900 mhz, ausus a7v, ausus 32mb v7700 graphics card, WAS cable modem USB connection, and Microsoft Explore Optical mouse- USB connection. My first step was to take the Optical mouse and move it to my ps/2 connection from the usb port. Because i was getting a lock up on my mouse in alot of other windows programs(i think it was conflicting with my cable modem, usb). Then i reinstalled win98se, to clear the registry. Then i installed a pci network card for my cable modem(3com etherlink 3c905c-tx-m) and got rid of the usb connection to the modem that my cable company installed. Then because i reinstalled windows, you have to reinstall RA2 due some regristry confict after reinstalling a operating system(WIN98SE). Then obviously loading up the latest ra2 patch version 4. I also am just using the standard driver for my mouse, not the intellimouse drivers that came with my mouse from microsoft. I have played about 10 times over the last 4 days and have not crashed to desktop once yet. This i could never have done before. The only problem that i dont like yet is that in the game (RA2), My cursor is not as smooth as in any other windows program, i mean not as precise when scrolling or selecting units which IS important in this game for having and advantage over your opponent, in speed and precision commanding your units. Does any of you experice this problem as well??? When you arent crashing to desktop obviously!!This problem is probably because of the mouse driver situation that i am playing with but hopefully i will get that solved and the mouse will behave just a good as in other windows programs. I know i changed alot of thing here at one time basically, and i might have changed a setting or two in my bios also- like going to normal mode versus optimal mode or something like that which the bios says is supposed to be more stable. So i dont know exactly which change or CHANGES fixed the problem. I am not a programmer or even in the computer tech field, i was just a very fustrated RA2 player that was crashing to desktop all the time. I made all of these changes in haste-over a 3 day period, (after i got the network card) and bam!!! No more desktop crash. I have no idea if this will fix any of your problems or even recommend to do all of it just for a game. But i dont use my system for much more than games so it didnt matter for me. Well hopefully this info does help some of you, i thank all of you(especially the regulars, you know who you are) for helping me out and giving me many of these ideas to try and maybe we will meet online sometime in ra2 when we arent crashing. Good luck on your computer systems!!
Alt 27-05-2001, 21:48
Doc Doc ist offline
Overlord

Doc hat noch keine Bewertung oder ist auf 0
Doc eine Nachricht über ICQ schicken
Es wurde schon öfter vermutet, daß eine USB-Maus etwas mit dem K2D zu tun haben könnte. Im Moment reden die Leute noch von der optischen MS-Maus.
Aber das Problem konnte noch nicht isoliert werden ... Wird wohl noch etwas dauern.

Sie schreien nach uns um Hilfe, wenn ihnen das Wasser in das Maul rinnt,
und wünschen uns vom Hals, kaum als einen Augenblick dasselbige verschwunden.

- Prinz Eugen von Savoyen, 1704
Alt 31-05-2001, 09:54
Metalwolf Metalwolf ist offline
Hundefutter

Metalwolf hat noch keine Bewertung oder ist auf 0
Metalwolf eine Nachricht über ICQ schicken
Klingt aber nicht mal unwahrscheinlich. Ich habe auch die Explorer am USB/Athlon 700, und habe ebenfalls ständig KTDs. Werd ich mal mit PS2 ausprobieren.
Bleiben die Internal Errors... Gibt es da schon Fixes?
Alt 31-05-2001, 10:21
Benutzerbild von Mitdaun
Mitdaun Mitdaun ist offline
Masterchief

Mitdaun hat noch keine Bewertung oder ist auf 0
Style: China
Ich habe auch oft K2D und habe die Explorer aber an den PS2 Port kleben. Kann auch sein das das von der Explorer kommt.
Alt 31-05-2001, 10:53
Benutzerbild von Cabal...
Cabal... Cabal... ist offline

Cabal... hat noch keine Bewertung oder ist auf 0
Cabal... eine Nachricht über ICQ schicken
Exclamation

Also ich habe keine USB Maus, sondern meine hängt an der PS/2 Schnittstelle !!!
Alt 31-05-2001, 11:00
Naos Naos ist offline
Starcraft Mod

Tja die Intellimouse ist wohl weit verbreitet. Hab auch die Intellimouse am PS2 Port hängen. Mal ne andere Mouse ausprobieren, was ich mir aber nicht vorstellen kann. hmmm.... Vieleicht liegtz auch an der Software der Intelli... mal testen... ich sag bescheid.
Alt 31-05-2001, 16:21
Doc Doc ist offline
Overlord

Doc hat noch keine Bewertung oder ist auf 0
Doc eine Nachricht über ICQ schicken
@Metalwolf:
Für die Internal's gibts glaub ich noch keinen Fix. Das ist ein Fehler der Engine. Da wirst du auf das Spiel mit der nächsten Engine (Emperor) warten müssen, da ich stark bezweifle, daß WS die Engine nochmals überarbeitet...

Angeblich können Internals auch von der Gegenseite durch irgendwelche Progis hervorgerufen werden, bin mir dessen aber nicht sicher.

Sie schreien nach uns um Hilfe, wenn ihnen das Wasser in das Maul rinnt,
und wünschen uns vom Hals, kaum als einen Augenblick dasselbige verschwunden.

- Prinz Eugen von Savoyen, 1704
Alt 05-06-2001, 00:31
Naos Naos ist offline
Starcraft Mod

soviel zum thema kick2desk & patch 1.005

6. Will 1.005 fix the “Kick to Desktop” crash?

Harvard - We are very aware of the problem and have spent an enormous amount of time and effort to locate and fix it. As we've been making clear for a while now, we were unable to repeat the problem even with detailed testing on our many PCs. This includes in our own internal and external QA departments. It wasn't until one of our fans allowed us to bottom his machine did we find and fix the problem. Update 1.005 has been tested on this machine with 0 crashes to report as where we feel confident that the bug has finally been squashed. When the update is live, we will be watching our community and Customer service reports to make sure everything is stable, if something does arise, the team will look into the problem ASAP! As a bonus the user will receive a Gforce 3 and copy of Emperor: Battle for Dune for the time his computer has been away from him. He's done us and the community a great service.

mehr zum patch 1.005 auf:
http://www.westwood.ea.com/games/ccu...ews_popup.html
Antworten

Lesezeichen