Alt 09-02-2007, 01:18
Benutzerbild von Chrissyx
Chrissyx Chrissyx ist offline
Administrator

Chrissyx ist ein C...
Chrissyx eine Nachricht über ICQ schicken
OL Nick: Chrissyx
Style: CnCForen Standard Style: Standard
Die Demo wird so oder so interessant, keine Frage, aber ich hab im EA Forum einen schönen Beitrag von NukeWave gefunden, welcher beim Summit war und C&C3 schon angespielt hat:

Zitat:
Zitat von NukeWave
I've been thinking about this for a while and now feel like I should post my thoughts.

I think this change is terrible. The radar is one of the things that makes CNC special.

The change pretty much means that everyone will always have radar. If you take out their radar you pretty much won the game because you took out their con yard.

The premise for the change also isnt good. Pros didnt know why they didnt have radar when they had power plants. The simple answer would have been "well this is cnc, and in cnc you have to build a radar to have a radar". Then everyone would have been like okay easy enough. Why couldnt that have just been the way it happened? Its never been a problem to any CNC gamers ever! It just seems like a way of streamlining this with the ways of all other successful RTS games, even though CNC is the most successful of all.

I also dont find it fair that our concerns dont matter because we havent played the game. EA should release a demo then so we can actually play the game so we can have "valid" concerns.

I dont see why we have to play the game to see how this works, I have played the game and I can picture how the change is instantly. I have my con yard and have radar right off the bat instead of having to make a radar. Enemies cant sabotage my radar ever, sure they can take out a lot of power plants to take away my radar, but they could do that with the old system too. Basically the only main change is that unless your power plants are completely unguarded, you will always have radar. The only other way players cant have power is that if their con yard is gone, in which its basically game over anyways.

I ask this question: If the pros didnt understand why they couldnt make mammoths once their war factory was built, would EA make it so mammoths can be built right away? If the pros didnt know why they couldnt make infantry out of the con yard, would infantry now be able to be produced at the construction yard?

All EA had to do was tell them that they have to make a radar because that is the CNC way, instead of getting rid of something that makes CNC different.

I hope we get a demo soon so I can play the game and be proved wrong, but I dont think its hard to think about the changes to the gameplay this will have without actually playing it.
Ich kann mich dem nur anschließen und er weiss mit Sicherheit, wovon er spricht! Besonders den Punkt mit Mammuts und Infantrie find ich sinnig.