PDA

Vollständige Version anzeigen : Apoc zu Ladder-Seasons und Disconnetern

TMOA
21-02-2008, 09:47
For the record, myself, and quite a large amount of people on this development team, we're not part of the Red Alert 2 team. That was 7 years ago, things have changed quite a bit with respect to the face of our team.

That said, look at our history the past two years and the way we've supported C&C 3. That should tell you at the bare minimum exactly how we will support Red Alert 3 after it launches. With respect to Kane's Wrath, nobody in this building wants to see it get similar treatment as to how Rise of the Witch-king worked out, that very unfortunate and support for BFME is certainly not dead at all, we just have to prioritize our resources right now while we build a live support team over the coming months.

The Ladder Season for C&C 3 is nearing its conclusion, there will be a season 2, there will be a season for Kane's Wrath, and there will be a season for Red Alert 3. I don't necessarily believe a monthly ladder reset is the best way to go, especially when you are trying to run a season. We're still new to the ladder season game, so right now, I'm not looking to complicate things. I like the 3-month season and I feel a lot of people who have participated appreciate it as well. There is always room to improve, but yes, there will be ladder prizes from here on out, the precedent has been set by C&C 3 Ladder Season 1 and it will continue.

With regards to cheats and exploits, spam, disconnects, and the like, I don't blame you guys for harping on this issue, it's one of the biggest issues we keep trying to stop. We are doing some new technology on the back-end for Red Alert 3 which should dramatically help disconnects, and with regards to cheats/hacks/spam...we know what is going on and are currently working on a solution for C&C 3/KW, and of course it will apply to Red Alert 3. I would also take ACETON over Punkbuster right now, those guys are great, and its something I would strongly consider especially in tournament play.

With regards to exploits, the bottom line here is, we cannot prevent ALL exploits, its simply impossible. However, in doing a Beta Test for Red Alert 3, the major exploits will come out and we will fix them before launch. But please do not assume that fixing exploits before launch is something we can ever fully fix 100%. The problem is, when the game gets put into the hands of thousands you have a million different strats and possibilities that can happen on the battlefield, so its absolutely a given things will be found that we never imagined.

And thats where we patch and fix it.

I can't accept blame for what happened with Red Alert 2, it was before my time, and this team should not be made to accept blame for that either overall, so the best thing I can say is, what we have done for C&C 3 support wise, will do for C&C 3 going forward, and will do for Kane's Wrath, should tell you how dedicated to supporting Red Alert 3 we will be.

Thanks,
APOC
Tiberium Wars, Kanes Rache und Alarmstufe Rot 3 werden auch zukünftig eine Ladder Season haben. Sie werden nach wie vor alle drei Monate resettet.
Er verspricht, dass man bei C&C 3 an einer Lösung für Cheater, Hacker und Spammer arbeitet.
Er verspicht in Alarmstufe Rot 3 das Problem mit DCs in den Griff zu bekommen

Bossi
23-02-2008, 20:14
Hio

Versprechungen werden seit jeher gegeben und gebrochen von >EA
Also geb ich ein schiiiiit drauf was sie sagen...

Taten müssen kommen !

in diesem sinne³: