PDA

Vollständige Version anzeigen : Infothread zu P-02 (Invasion)

Junker
21-05-2006, 21:44
P-02 wird in der Community das zweite RTS aus dem Hause Petroglyph genannt. Der Name dieses Spieles oder dieser Reihe ist unbekannt.
Intern im Hause Petroglyph wird es schlicht 'Invasion' genannt. Es ist ein Sci Fi/Modern War RTS, soll der Start einer neuen Reihe werden und wird von SEGA gepublisht.

Alle Infos im Einzelnen:
Es began am 12. September 2005 mit dieser Bekanntmachung:
SEGA Partners with Petroglyph to Build Blockbuster RTS Franchise
Monday September 12, 9:01 am ET
Acquisitions of Western Content Prime SEGA for Growth

SAN FRANCISCO & LONDON--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Sept. 12, 2005--SEGA of America, Inc. and SEGA, Europe Ltd. today announced a partnership with developer Petroglyph to create an original Real-Time Strategy (RTS) franchise for the PC. Most Petroglyph team members are former employees of Westwood Studios, where they worked on the company's titles including Blade Runner(TM), Eye of the Beholder(TM), Dune 2(TM) and the blockbuster EA franchise Command & Conquer(TM). The Las Vegas-based development team are presently completing the much-anticipated Star Wars®: Empire at War(TM).
ADVERTISEMENT

Under the terms of the worldwide deal, Petroglyph will collaborate on creating a Modern Military / Sci-Fi themed RTS franchise exclusively for SEGA. SEGA will manage all marketing and distribution activities and work hand in hand with Petroglyph to supervise ongoing game development. Both companies will announce product and release details at a later date.

"SEGA is moving aggressively toward a leadership position in the RTS category and the team at Petroglyph is behind some of the finest games in the genre," said Simon Jeffery, President and COO, SEGA of America. "We continue to rebuild SEGA as a leading publisher by collaborating with only the very best developers in North America and Europe."

"Coincidentally, this deal marks the ten year anniversary of the blockbuster RTS series which most of the Petroglyph team worked on during our time at Westwood Studios," said Michael Legg, President of Petroglyph. "We are extremely excited about our partnership with SEGA, as it will enable us to advance the RTS genre while creating fun and exciting experiences for gamers worldwide."

This agreement, along with recent partnerships with developers Silicon Knights, Secret Level, Monolith Productions (project: Condemned(TM)), Pseudo Interactive (project: Full Auto(TM)); and the acquisition of esteemed developer, The Creative Assembly (project: Spartan: Total Warrior(TM)) continues to highlight SEGA's emphasis on the Western market.

About Petroglyph:

Petroglyph is an independent game development studio located in Las Vegas, Nevada. The company is composed of industry veterans with a studio wide average of over ten years in game development. The studio specializes in the Real-Time Strategy (RTS) genre, leveraging the experience gained from developing original hit franchises. Petroglyph's web site is located at www.petroglyphgames.com.

About SEGA® Europe:

SEGA Europe Ltd. is the European Publishing arm of Tokyo, Japan-based SEGA Corporation, and a worldwide leader in interactive entertainment both inside and outside the home. The company develops, publishes and distributes interactive entertainment software products for a variety of hardware platforms including PC, wireless devices, and those manufactured by Nintendo, Microsoft and Sony Computer Entertainment Europe. SEGA Europe's web site is located at www.sega-europe.com.

About SEGA® of America:

SEGA of America. is the American Publishing arm of Tokyo, Japan-based SEGA Corporation, a worldwide leader in interactive entertainment both inside and outside the home. The company develops, publishes and distributes interactive entertainment software products for a variety of hardware platforms including PC, wireless devices, and those manufactured by Nintendo, Microsoft and Sony Computer Entertainment. SEGA of America's web site is located at www.sega.com/usa.

Command & Conquer is a trademark or registered trademark of Electronic Arts Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.
Dann war eine sehr lange Zeit nichts mehr zu hören.
Am 3.5.2006 gab Joe Bostic folgendes bekannt:
Hello everyone,

Since I've not posted in this forum regarding P-02 yet, I thought I would get the ball rolling.

Yes, we are working on a sci-fi / modern RTS game with SEGA. No, I can't tell you its name. ;)

I can't tell you anything specific about the game at this time, but I can tell you this:

It's an RTS first and foremost. Many -- but not all -- trappings of the RTS genre are upheld, but not in the same manner you may be used to them. I leave that open to your interpretation.

Feel free to speculate.
Am 8.5. postete er folgendes:
However, back on this topic, we've got our own stuff we're working on now, and as much as I loved C&C, I'm loving this even more. C&C had its baggage, which we tried to lose as best as possible (Firestorm intro, for example!). Our new venture w/ SEGA allows us to not have that freedom to re-invent aspects of the game that would burden us if we had to stick with them.

There's something to be said for not having to support legacy!
Einen Tag später kam leider heraus, dass das Spiel nicht auf der E3 2006 vorgestellt wird:
P-02 will not be shown at E3. There's lots of great stuff coming for EaW that you'll get to read about and see coming out of E3.

P-02 will have its own official showing at a later date.

It'll be worth the wait. Just my opinion, but there ya go. :D
Am 20.5. sickerte durch, dass Petroglyph intern das neue Spiel 'Invasion' nennt.
The game has no title at the moment. Internally we call it Invasion, but we're not using that for release.

iceman775
21-05-2006, 22:42
Danke für die zusamenfassung Junker!:D

Ich habe mir das durch gelesen und wie ich es schon in dem anderen Thread erwähnte ist wird dies ein Strategispiel.

Die erste Narchit vom 12.9.05, finde ich am wichtigsten bis herr.

Vieleicht wird es ein C&C im neuen Gewand? Als ich mir das durchlas bekam ich etwas den eindruck davon.

Ich bin gespant auf weitere Infos....

Cabal...
21-05-2006, 23:02
[Hust]Maybe RA3[Hust]

Neoprophan
21-05-2006, 23:03
Dann will ich mal das Beste hoffen. Aber ich glaube die Jungs schaffen es, ein Spiel zu entwickeln, dass nicht nach dem Starcraftprinzip abläuft.

mfg:)

Psycho Joker
22-05-2006, 14:19
Na ja RA3 ja wohl (zum Glück) eher weniger.

Junker
04-06-2006, 11:12
Seit Wochen leider nichts neues zu diesem Game. Ob es erstmals auf der Games Convention gezeigt wird? Zeit bis dahin wäre ja noch.
Pressemitteilung: SEGA PARTNERS WITH PETROGLYPH TO BUILD BLOCKBUSTER RTS FRANCHISE (http://www.petroglyphgames.com/press/segaann.html)