PDA

Vollständige Version anzeigen : Fragen über EAW von Delphi beantwortet

Junker
21-10-2005, 18:34
Delphi (Game Designer/Community Rep) ist seit einiger Zeit recht aktiv und beantwortet einige Fragen im Fanforum und gibt stellenweise interessante Kommentare. Die vielen Mod-Fragen lasse ich mal aussen vor. Ich fasse sie hier mal zusammen.

Frage: This is of course possible, but I think that the way Petroglyph is doing EAW with the extreme moddability, there will not be a need for an expansion.

Delphi: Mods are nice, but they never seem to have that official feel to them. So do we have something planned post EAW, you betcha! Instead of focusing on the future though, I rather zoom in on the present and make a fun solid strategy game fans can enjoy. =)Frage:So do you have EAW2 in mind Delphi??

Delphi: Lets get EAW out first and then we'll discuss the future. =)Keep in mind, many powers from the Germany preview have changed. Some powers were either renamed or replaced with something more fun.
At the end of the day our goal is to make the units fun and combat fast, fun and strategic. So if we have to deviate from the movie balance some in order to make a fun game, than so be it. =)Frage:I think the different resources in this game are taken care of by the planetary bonuses.

That is correct, each planet provides unique bonuses and resources to the player.

Delphi: As for fighters, they come in squads. So when you select one, it will basically select all 5 ships. Like most games, you will be able to select all units of a type by either a hot key or double-clicking on the unit.The game ends at the Battle of Yavin (episode 4)Frage: I wonder if Petro will come up with some new heroes ? I know they are makeing new materials so why not 4-5 new heroes ?!

Delphi: You never know. The great thing about Star Wars is there are many stories to be told. =) With the heroes we do have, expect to see some fun and exciting missions.Frage: Transports can be selected as a unit in space right?

Delphi: Yep, in space tactical mode they are an actual unit controlled by the player that must be protected. In galactic mode, you will simply move unit icons from one planet to another. Frage: How do they undeploy units in ground?

Delphi: When you engage in a land tactical combat situation, you will tell the units where to deploy based on reinforcement markers you've captured. Transport will then land and troops will automatically deploy. Reinforcement markers are vital too land tactical control, without them, it will be hard to gain ground and secure locations. Frage: How you place units in a transport if they are in a planet?

Delphi: From galactic mode, you simply grab your unit icons from land and move them into space. Our galactic UI is very intuitive and fun to use. Also, from the galactic UI you will be able to combine ships into fleets, allowing you to create unique offensive and defensive groups for each planet.